Sunday, 9 January 2011

Unwritten Rules, Thoughts and Addictions of a 20-something.

                                                                       Oh So True.

Take a riskIf you think about it, you grow up feeling like you're your most free in your teenage years. ' oh I'm in my twenties, I have to be responsible.' Don't make me laugh. Do something fun, take the first flight out of an airport for a weekend, go skinny dipping, get a new peircing. Or do something you've always wanted to, like skydiving, take up photography, buy a Vivienne Westwood dress. You might not have the face or body of Emily Didonato, but you'll have her confidence if you do something that will make you happy.

You are never too old for a celebrity crushGone are the days where I covered literally every wall and part of my ceiling in Busted posters, but I still remember the excitement of seeing them on SMTV and buying their records. I admit it, I go to the cinema just to perve on Jake Gyllenhaal or James Franco, I have a One Direction poster, I buy magazines if they have Robert Pattinson  or Zac Efron on the cover,...Dont feel bad, just use the excuse of ' Every magazine I buy is helping the economy.' That's what I do anyway.

Procrastination will become an art formAnything that takes away time spent on an essay/report/presentation is good. Even cleaning. I regularly dust, hoover and rearrange my room in order to avoid work. Setting up games of Scrabble, taking a nap, watching a dvd boxset, are all good excuses. The most inventive excuse I've heard was...'I left my favourite top at home, so i'm driving home to get it.' Home was two hours away, and they were going back that weekend anyway. Inspired.

Addicition is not your friendI recently rediscovered my love for chocolate oranges. I will resemble one if I eat any more. I can safely say most 20 somethings will crave or be addicted to the following things at some point : chocolate, sleep, kettle chips, tea, coffee, chips, take aways, cigarettes, wine. But remember the wise wise  man who said 'Everything in moderation', because you can decide for yourself what 'moderation' is..
 Delightful.

You will never have enough money. Ever. Even if you win the lotteryI am currently lusting after the following:
The whole of Topshop/Jack Wills
The entire Beatles' collection on iTunes
A round the world trip
A gym membership (even my uni gym is too expensive, for me sob sob sob)

There will always be things you want but can't afford. Life sucks like that. Just cut out pictures of the things you want, make a scrapbook and pretend you own them. Simples.


(Some) Socially Unacceptable things will now become acceptableIts okay to:
Embarass your friend in front of the bloke she fancies
Being equally mortified if your friend does the above to you.
Being an awful drunk, dancing on tables, being taken home at 10pm, telling strangers you love them
Leaving your social boundaries at home.
Dreaming about what your kids will look like with celebrities and other hot men
Naming a magazine as your Bible


And things that never willPassing on  a secret you've been sworn not to tell
Spreading gossip you know isn't true


That's all folks. My brain is mashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment