Right. I'm going to admit something here. I have never, ever cheated on a boyfriend, but I've been the other girl. You know the one. The one who gets cheated with. 7 times. 7 bloody times. Some I knew had girlfriends, some decided to tell me after, or not at all and I found out through other people. No this isn't something I'm proud of, it's just the facts. I've come to a realisation, that as I approach 24 it's time to stop being a whore.
This comes after a particularly stupid incident from the weekend. I kissed a guy I've known for years who has a girlfriend, immediately regretting it, immediately realising what an utter pillock I was being. But, here comes the best part of the story, he told his girlfriend, I got a torrent of abuse, (which had such poor grammar, I had to laugh) and he has now blocked and deleted me on Facebook.
He obviously told his girlfriend half of the story, failing to mention that he came into my tent, he kissed me, and I was the one to stop it from continuing, and from what I gather, made it sound like I practically dropped my knickers when he helped me set up my tent and that I was planning it all along.
I had to laugh.
It is always the girl that faces the abuse, when really, as much as I am to blame, he was the one with the girlfriend. Not me. I don't have a two year attachment, I don't have a commitment to somebody else for that very reason. It makes me wonder why girls face the names, the social awkwardness, the feelings of regret, and the guy gets away scott-free. Every one of the 7 has anyway. As far as I know, at least 3 of them are still with their girlfriends, who are unassuming,and unknowing and 2 other girlfriends know, but are still with their boyfriends, who I know have cheated again since. As long as their stories are covered I guess. He'll be fine, none of his friends knew what happened, so he could tell her anything and she wouldn't know he's edited the events.
I don't know what I'd do if my boyfriend cheated, and to be fair, I probably deserve it to happen to me, but I for sure wouldn't message the other girl in question. I could tell her the details he has conveniently left out, but I think staying silent may be better, let her to continue to live in her bubble until it inevitably bursts again.
It always does.
No comments:
Post a Comment