Thursday, 17 October 2013

English Rain

I graduated from Winchester uni this week, I'd only been there a year for my PGCE year, but i'm actually really going to miss the place.

 I'm going to miss the Learning Cafe and the struggle to find a space, and the calls of the coffee bar workers who scream out "PANINI "every 5 minutes. I'm going to miss the library staff, who really  I pity because their job is to basically suck the fun out of everybody's attempts to remain positive in a place that makes Azkaban look homely. I'm even going to miss the lecturers who blatantly hated me and my incessant need to talk through their classes and send me warning emails about my behaviour.

I had the best year there, but this transition terrifies me.

I am now an adult. In an adult job, with adult pay with a lot of  adult responsibilities.

 I also now have a boyfriend; he gives me butterflies with a glance, is the most caring person I've ever met and still finds me attractive without makeup on at 6am. Somehow, and I don't know exactly why, he wants to be with me. and I have suggested he undergoes a psychiatric evaluation just to ensure he isn't criminally insane. Either that or he needs a trip to Specsavers. We've booked to go to Ireland over New Year and now I'm actually acting my age instead of living like I'm still eighteen with all the time in the world. (I say this and I went into a sofa shop the other weekend with him, to pretend to be buying a sofa just so we could test which one we liked best. He is such a babe.)

Can I have Bernard's watch and just freeze time? Everything seems a little too perfect and centered; it's like I'm sat on the front porch, waiting for the hurricane to arrive and cause havoc.



No comments:

Post a Comment