Thursday, 27 October 2011

I'll Surrender Up My Heart & Swap It For Yours



                                                  

It's Half Term Time. This means no 6.30am alarms, no work and 9 days to spend as I please. Cue Happy Face.

So as I (don't) hear you ask I overpacked as per, got on a train and a 4 hour megabus and spent 6 days in Caerdydd (Cardiff to non sheep shaggers). As we all know, it's a small world but my best friend from home,  my aunt/uncle/cousins and a close friend from uni all live within 15 minutes of each other, so for 3 days I lived like a student,1.5 days were spent recooperating with the famalam and another 2 days were enjoyed by eating copious amounts of dominoes, watching Zac Efron films and drinking Jagerbombs.

I came to this conclusion. I love my friends and fam and i bloody miss being a student.
This blog is dedicated to why:

Jo's house.1. She lives with some fairly hot boys
2. It was two of her housemates birthdays. Hello ring of fire aka circle of death
3. I spent another night in the Union, with cheap drinks, awesome music and vaguely remembered it.
4. It was then socially acceptable for me to go to the pub next door for lunch the following afternoon, looking like a corpse, hanging like a monkey in a tree and to order nachos (to share) and a bowl of chips and completely demolish them. By myself.

Famalam's house1. I had a proper meal, and lots of melted brie and wine. nom
2. Took my 14yr old cousin out for lunch and got to play the cool, older one for once whilst eating a ridiculous amount of pizza and doughballs
3. had a valid excuse to make rocky road cake without looking like a 12 year old.
4. Was not hungover

Zo's house1. Her bed was far too comfy. Naps were expected.
2. Eating dominoes for 3 days straight was both nutritious and delicious
3. Had the most hilarious night out, where we got kicked out of the first pub we went in.. plently of in jokes, cheap drink deals, dancing, random strangers becoming our best friends and finding a boy who knew all the harmonies and words to Busted Year 3000. I was on to a winner.


I haven't laughed until my ribs hurt in a while, i love that i could be in a room and not speak for 2 hours and be completely satisfied and content, knowing that in that moment i was as happy as larry. I loved buying drinks for £1.80, eating unhealthy food, sleeping in till ten. Most Importantly i loved being around the people i love the most. (Parents have abandoned me to Egypt, they're not my friends currently)

SO...i have 3 days left of half term.
Tomorrow i'm going to see one of my best friends, eat nandos and go see a gig. i say see a gig...i'm gunna be perving...


with a face like that, you can't exactly blame me.


I may be nearing 22. But I'm dam sure not growing old any time soon.



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment