Maybe our girlfriends are our soulmates and guys are just people to have fun with.” ― Candace Bushnell,
Sex and the City.
I've said it before, and I will say it again. I cannot live with men, I cannot live without them. They literally drive me insane; from the moaning about how often I want to watch 90210, to the despair at my purchases of another pair of shoes, I cannot STAND them. I hate the way they leave the toilet seat up, the way they rev their engines on purpose and when they complain about needing a shave when really they just thought their stubble made them look more attractive than they really are.
I also hate the way they lie. My personal favourite is when they say. ' I didn't want to hurt you' that one really makes me laugh. Other diamonds include 'I thought you knew that already' 'I don't even know that girl' ' No, I didn't steal your moisturizer/straighteners/tenner on the side' The best one however, is when they say nothing at all.
With girls, you know exactly what you're going to get. We get moody for a 5 days a month, we like pretty things, Jake Gyllenhaal and chocolate. We are simple. We will complain about needing to go to the gym, but like for you to say ' of course you don't, you look beautiful the way you are' We will always want to go shopping, we will always feel better with a tan, and we will always need another red nail varnish. If we say 'I'm fine' it's pretty obvious we're anything but. If we get changed about fifty times before a night out it's because we feel fat. We go to the bathroom in pairs or groups because it gives us a chance to multitask- peeing and bitching/talking about boys.
So this thought suddenly struck me. My friends have a sixth sense when it comes knowing what to say. They'll tell me when I'm wrong, and they can make me laugh until I can't breathe. They always have my back, don't spread rumours and text me if they hear a song that they think I'd like, or when Topshop is having a mid season sale. They love me for my faults and through my mistakes, to which there is a long list. If you're called Vicky you'll also give me a ridiculous amount of abuse, attend gigs and introduce me to Krispy Kremes, to which I am eternally grateful.
Who needs men when you have the girls? I'm basically a non practising lesbian. Proud of it too.

I could not love you more, Ginge xxx
ReplyDelete