Highlights:
Gigs: Ed Sheeran, twice Ron Pope twice, Olly Murs, Lawson, Tyler Hilton, Passenger Festivals: Rockness and Reading, both equally amazing. At Rockness I saw my musical heroes Mumford and Sons, this was potentially the best night of my life and Reading I saw The Cure. THE CURE!!!! New York in February to celebrate my graduation was insane. Freezing cold walks through Central Park with Starbucks, sitting on the steps of the Met like Blair Waldorf, standing at the top of the Rockerfella feeling like I could see the edge of the Earth. September 2011-July 2012- I got to spend every weekday with a bunch of 5 and 6 year olds who have the best outlook on life, help them learn, do loads of arts and crafts, have my life changed by one little girl in particular and get paid for it. I went back to visit in December and remembered exactly why I loved them and why I wanted to teach. Getting accepted onto my PGCE and starting uni (again) to become a teacher. Em's wedding, my best friend, her perfect man. It was the most gorgeous day, surrounded by love and I had the honour of being a bridesmaid. Saw Les Mis at the theatre for my 23rd birthday. No words,just tears, lots and lots of tears. Finally manned up and got my tattoo, complete in my Dad's handwriting.

Lowlights
2012 was full of the following : drunken mistakes, a lost camera and social boundaries, falling for inappropriate men and acting on it on numerous occasions despite knowing better, trusting people I shouldn't, secrets, lies and crap. General crap everybody could have done without including two more knee reconstructions.
Review
My resolutions from 2011 for 2012
1. Say yes to anything which presents itself as an opportunity for laughter and happiness.
I'm blaming this for half of the reasons I got in trouble at various points of 2012. For at least 8 months I had the mentality of 'Fuck it' and ended up in some horrendous situations which I would rather not care to remember. However, it taught me lessons. I know my own weaknesses and strengths, my limits, my expectations. And fuck it. I had fun figuring those out, despite the many undesirable consequences.
2.Don't be afraid of what comes next
At the point of writing this in 2011, I didn't know if I would be on a PGCE come September. I could have ended up in Tesco or temping in a B.O infested office and it terrified me. Being an adult without a clue is not something I want to experience again, but it forced me to work hard so that I could have a back up plan. Thankfully it wasn't needed as my back up plan mainly consisted of backpacking and drinking my way across the world. This would have been fine if I had the money. I didn't. Thank you Winchester for saving me.
3. Be less quick to anger, and avoid/ignore those who are
vexious to the soul.Unhealthy relationships deleted off of facebook and my phone, avoided them on nights out, refused to listen to gossip and generally felt a whole lot better for it. What you don't know can't hurt you. Not true. WHO you don't know can't hurt you, is a little bit more true. If they aren't in your life, they have no part to play in your un/happiness.
4.- Meet Olly Murs/Harry Styles/Dougie Poynter and make them realise they want to marry meHalf achieved. Olly Murs sung to me during his gig and winked in my (general) direction sooooo he practically loves me. Randomly bumped into the McFly boys playing a one off free gig in London, sooo this is also fate and he also loves me. Harry Styles? He spent half his time stateside, I have an excuse.
Lessons Learnt from 2012
Not everybody has moved on and matured, some people are forever trapped in high school. Tequila will never be your friend. The Tube Map app is a life saver. Music can change the world. Chocolate Orange chocolate spread is an orgasm for the mouth. You are not superwoman. Take your time. Go on adventures. Random hot tubs after a lock in are never a good idea. Work hard, but play hard. Time management is your friend.
Resolutions and Hopes for 20131. Drink and swear less
2. Pass my QTS tests, graduate and land a teaching job for September
3. Take a holiday
4. Spend more time with my parents
4.- Meet Olly Murs/Harry Styles/Dougie Poynter and make them realise they want to marry meHalf achieved. Olly Murs sung to me during his gig and winked in my (general) direction sooooo he practically loves me. Randomly bumped into the McFly boys playing a one off free gig in London, sooo this is also fate and he also loves me. Harry Styles? He spent half his time stateside, I have an excuse.
Lessons Learnt from 2012
Not everybody has moved on and matured, some people are forever trapped in high school. Tequila will never be your friend. The Tube Map app is a life saver. Music can change the world. Chocolate Orange chocolate spread is an orgasm for the mouth. You are not superwoman. Take your time. Go on adventures. Random hot tubs after a lock in are never a good idea. Work hard, but play hard. Time management is your friend.
Resolutions and Hopes for 20131. Drink and swear less
2. Pass my QTS tests, graduate and land a teaching job for September
3. Take a holiday
4. Spend more time with my parents
No comments:
Post a Comment